Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Vichy Aqualia Thermal and Korres Wild Rose MOISTURIZERS - REVIEW


I have been using my Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturising and Brightening Cream for a good  6 months now and the Vichy Aqualia Thermal Light cream for about a month. Here's what I have to say about them... 




Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturising and Brightening Cream






I purchased this face cream because MissGlamorazzi on YouTube raved about it so much and like her, I have oily acne-prone skin. Korres is also known for its use of organic ingredients and that is right up my alley! I couldn't wait to try out my first Korres product! I bought this cream from beauty.com but it is also sold in the UK for about £20 depending on where you buy it from.

As lovely as this product smells and as good as the ingredients are, I found it way too heavy for my skin. Uncomfortably heavy. It has no SPF label on it so I only used it as a night cream or on Sundays when I knew I wouldn't leave the house. Titanium dioxide is the 11th ingredient  in its ingredients list so I am a bit puzzled as to why it doesn't have any SPF in its name though (hmmm...). In terms of brightening, I didn't notice much of a difference. As for the 24 hour promise, I would say that it definitely lasted at least 17 hours, but I never actually had it on for 24 hours straight. 

Pros: natural ingredients (paraben-free), lovely scent, did not break me out.

Cons: heaviness.

Bottomline: I would recommend this moisturiser to people with dry skin as they would need something as heavy duty as this, especially in the winter! If you have oily skin however, I would advise you to invest your money elsewhere. I am not going to repurchase this product for sure. 





Vichy Aqualia Thermal Light




If you read my recent empties post !LINK! you would know that I have run out of my beloved Avene moisturiser *sob*. I really, really miss that cream and I will definitely be repurchasing it after this runs out. You can read my review of the Avene cream HERE.

The two main reasons I did not like this moisturiser are texture and scent. It feels almost gel-like, they weren't kidding when they said "light". It feels like it sits on my skin rather than absorbs into it. As for the scent, it smells kind of - [goes off to sniff it once more] - "hospital" and "old lady" are the two words that come to mind. Not very nice. 

At £16 from Boots, this moisturiser didn't break the bank but it honestly isn't making me happy either. It is definitely light enough in texture to be my summertime moisturiser, which is what I purchased it for, but because of its scent and texture I cannot wait to finish it and repurchase my beloved Avene. 

Pros: affordable, paraben-free, does moisturise my skin a fair bit.

Cons: texture, scent.

Bottomline: if you are specifically looking for a gel-like light facial moisturiser and you the scent doesn't put you off, this cream is for you.



I also wanted to mention the Vichy Idealia moisturiser in this post as it is the only other Vichy moisturiser I have ever tried. I received the cute little pot in a Glossybox around the fall/winter 2012 months and was over the moon when I saw it as it was a generous sample from a paraben-free skincare line! I have really enjoyed using the Vichy Idealia and, as it did not have any SPF, I used it in the evenings under my night-out makeup. The reason I didn't use it as a night cream was its scent. It smells very girly and fragrant. I really really like the smell and whenever I got a whiff of it, it brought happy night-out memories to mind, it just wouldn't have been a relaxing night cream. The texture is very nice and light and this cream definitely felt like it sunk in to my skin and was not gel-like at all. I would definitely consider purchasing the Vichy Idealia, especially if they sold it in this tiny size for about £6-£7!



Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment