Sunday, May 19, 2013

Empties - May 2013




Empties posts are SO refreshing and rewarding - out with the old in with the new! 

Here's what I have for you this time... 



Makeup





 You can read my Lancôme's Hypnose Star review HERE and my MAC Opulash and Guerlain Maxi Lash reviews HERE.

Clinique Gentle Light Powder in Glow 03

Wow I have had this since BACK IN THE DAY, since October 2010!! I know I know, this product is beyond expired. And to be honest, I'm only getting rid of it because it smells kind of funny at this point and the texture of the powder has gone all cakey :O! 

I really enjoyed using this powder to lightly dust over my foundation or moisturiser on a daily basis. I got it after seeing Lauren Luke's videos where she used it constantly and I loved the effect it gave her! I don't know if I'd repurchase this as it didn't do anything truly unique or amazing for me. It was a good loose powder while it lasted.



MAC Prolongwear Concealer in NW15

I'm also getting rid of this baby as it is well past its expiry date. I was meant to throw it out after 6 months of opening - that would've been March 2012! I've definitely noticed the formula starting to get gloopy recently. This concealer is really opaque while still being lightweight. A little bit goes a very long way with Prolongwear. I liked the coverage and longevity of this product, but I didn't like the pump dispenser. I cannot tell you how many times I squeezed out way too much and had to wipe off the majority of the product with a tissue - what a waste! I would definitely recommend this product to people who have oily skin and want maximum concealer coverage!



Chanel Rouge Coco in 78 Peregrina

I bought this baby back in March 2011 because it is such a gorgeous peachy shade and I had never owned a Chanel lipstick before - why not ey? Unfortunately this product has been a major disappointment and the only reason it has taken me this long to get rid of it is that it cost a hell of a lot for a lipstick! I forced myself to try and use it up, but as you can see from the picture, I still have a tiny bit of a stump left in there. Here's what I didn't like about this product: the texture and the scent.

I found this Rouge Coco lipstick to be very drying and I had to make sure that I had some lip balm on my lips first before I reached for it, which is very inconvenient considering the price! I suffered many a blotchy lip with this drying formula and am so happy to be throwing it in the bin (where it belongs)! As for the scent, I know all Chanel products are meant to smell of roses and that's why people love them - but this smelled and tasted of gross alcoholic plastic. I kid you not, it was disgusting. 

All in all, I am staying away from the Rouge Coco line in future!!


Wet 'n' WIld Megaliner in 861 Black

This has been my staple liquid eyeliner for YEARS! Thank god for friends in the US as I cannot live without this little gem. It's less than three dollars and does an outstanding job at staying jet black on my lids all day! The brush is very fine which makes applications less of a hassle. I definitely recommend this eyeliner to everybody out there!




Body





Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub

I have raved about this product before and it is my favourite drugstore body scrub - hands down! I found out about it from my cousin who found out about it from her college roommate back in 2010 and OH MY GOD no wonder so many people love it! We dubbed the zesty yummy sweet citrus smell "The Drug" ahahahaa :p It honestly has a mesmerizing scent and one whiff just isn't enough! Anyway, this both exfoliates and moisturises at the same time while filling your bathroom with its yummy fragrance! I'm so glad this product is paraben-free as I couldn't be without it!



White Glo toothpaste

I first picked this up back in October 2012 and then again after Christmas as I wanted to give it a decent go before I made up my mind about it. A few YouTubers had recommended this and claimed it really whitened their teeth several shades - naturally, I was intrigued! It whitened my teeth a shade or two when I first started using it but as time went on I didn't notice any more difference. I doubt I'd be repurchasing this anytime soon.


Kim Kardashian's roller-ball fragrance

I really like this Kim Kardashian scent and was really happy when I saw it in a Glossybox last year. I just hated that it's in roller-ball form! I really wish it was in a spritz-on bottle. I'm going to purchase the actual bottle soon (when's payday?!) as I've really liked this scent ever since it came out! Very fresh, floral, elegant and playful.

Decleor Iris Oil

I got this sample Iris oil from Debenhams months ago and applied it to my face twice as a nighttime moisturiser. It worked really well, but seeing as how I'm in my early 20s, I don't think I'm going to be splashing my cash on this anytime soon. It's just not worth it for me at this point.


Neutrogena SPF 25 Norwegian Formula hand cream

Staple. SPF for ma mitts!


L'Occitane Shea Butter hand cream

A staple. Best hand cream everrrr.



Weleda Pomegranate Creamy Body Wash

This pomegranate body wash was part of a travel body set I got for my birthday. I really enjoyed how creamy it was and the fresh, zingy pomegranate smell it filled my bathroom with! I would definitely consider repurchasing the full size of this!


OPI Acetone-Free Polish Remover

I was really excited to try this nail polish remover as I figured since it was made by OPI, it would be super awesome! It honestly performed very average. I wouldn't go out of my way to get it again.




Hair





Dove's Intensive Repair Conditioner

This amazing drugstore conditioner is around the £3 mark and is such a lifesaver! I can always count on it to give me luscious, moisturised locks! I had a backup waiting two months ago!


James Brown's Colour Enhance Conditioner

I was desperately in need of conditioner a few weeks back and decided to be adventurous and try a new brand so I chucked this in my basket at Boots as it's a small size and didn't cost more than £4. Let me tell you, this was such a FAIL impulse buy! I have never tried James Brown products before, and I probably won't try another to be honest. This was severely drying on my hair, and it's meant to be for coloured hair as well! Coloured hair = dry/damaged/processed hair for goodness sake! This product was just a big NO. THere's still about 35-40% of the product left in there but I'd honestly rather throw it away than use it up. It's that bad.



Face





La Roche Posay SPF 50 Anthelios XL Tinted Cream

This product is such good value for money! It costs £14 and lasted me three and a half months (that's fifteen weeks!) of generous daily wear! That means evenly coating my face and neck! It definitely has a thick consistency and it gives  light, semi-tanned, healthy glow-y coverage. I really enjoyed using this and definitely see myself repurchasing it in future.


Aveeno Positively Radiant Triple Boost Serum

I'm actually surprised at how much I loved this serum! I didn't care for it much when I first got it but the more I used it the more I noticed I was 'saving' it and trying not to 'use it all up'. It's very lightweight yet nicely moisturising. It's a great base under makeup as well. My only qualm with this would be whether or not it's actually good for your skin. I know that Aveeno is one of those brands that tries to fool us with it's green packaging but it's actually full of nasties!



Lancôme's Bifacil 

This tiny Bifacil bottle came in a Christmas set with the Hypnose Star mascara. I was so excited to use this much-loved eye makeup remover again as the last bottle I'd purchased of it was easily 3-4 years ago! I don't know if they changed the formula or what, but I really, really wasn't impressed with this! It was so drying on my eye area and I had to tug a little bit to get my eye makeup off! No bueno Lancôme, no bueno. I forgot which blogger was saying how the Clarins eye makeup remover was actually a much better and slightly cheaper alternative. I definitely have the Clarins on my wishlist now as Bioderma doesn't take off heavy eye makeup very well!



Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture For Eyes

I received this in a Glossybox and I must say that this tiny sample lasted me a good 2-3 months! I really enjoyed this eye cream. It's hydrating while still being lightweight and it didn't cause any milia or irritation.



Boots Botanics 50 Oval Cotton Wool Pads Organic

They were 2 for 1 at Boots, nothing special. I wish I could get my hands on the exfoliating cotton pads MissGlamorazzi keeps talking about! I feel like they'd get ALL the makeup off my skin instead of just the surface-level gunk. *Goes off in search of exfoliating cotton pads*...


Avene Rich Compensating Cream

I finally say farewell to a very well-loved face cream! It's very light and gentle yet moisturising and hydrating. I LOVE the French skincare luxe scent this has, it makes me feel like I'm putting a super awesome product on my face (which I am). I will probably purchase the Vichy version of this next week just to compare, but I know for a fact that it won't be too long until I have this baby back in my drawer.



Burt's Bees Peach & Willow Bark Deep Pore Scrub


This face scrub was the bane of my existence! Alright, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but I had to FORCE myself to use this up (there's still a tad left)!! It was useless on my skin as the grains were too big for my face but too small for my body! I know that sounds weird but this scrub is honestly a waste of money. It didn't leave my skin feeling exfoliated, cleansed or fresh at all, instead it left somewhat of an oily residue on barely exfoliated skin. I am so glad that I can finally throw this bottle away after 14 months, do not buy this!!


MAC Cleanse Off Oil

I used to use this to remove my makeup all the time, but I seem to have grown out of it. After a long day at work I don't have the patience or energy to carefully massage oil on my face, rinse and repeat anymore. I've been using my Bioderma for the most part. Who knows I might get back to using oil as a makeup remover, but not for the time being. This is a good affordable option if you're on the lookout for an oil-based makeup remover (£7)!




Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment