Sunday, October 13, 2013

Mascaras I'm Currently Using - 11





Givenchy Noir Couture 

I reviewed this mascara in my last Mascaras I'm Currently Using post (link HERE) and what I have to add to that review is that the formula can unfortunately turn quite greyish on the lashes. That, combined with its ability to lengthen but not really volumize much makes it a very natural-effect mascara. If you love dramatic lashes, definitely do not opt for Givenchy's Noir Couture, unless perhaps you like to layer different mascaras. 

Out of the 4-in-1 effects it claims to give (Volume, Curl, Length and Care) I can only vouch for the curl and length parts.




L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic in Magnetic Black


I had heard SO MUCH about this mascara over the past few years. I'm not sure how far after the regular Telescopic mascara that L'Oreal created the False Lash Telescopic, or if I just didn't notice the difference at the time, but I picked up the regular Telescopic a couple of years ago and HATED IT. Yes, I am going so far as to say that I hate the regular Telescopic mascara. I remember it being so uneffective and hardly giving my lashes any length, definition, or shape. 

Nonetheless, the lovely Barbara from ThePersianBabe on YouTube kept going on about how the False Lash Telescopic is her HG mascara, and her lashes did always look so defined and volumized in her videos that I thought I'd try it out myself - and what a smart decision that was!

When the tube was fresh and new, every time I pulled out the wand and swiped it on my lashes, it was as if I'd already been working on them for a good 2-3 minutes! It INSTANTLY gave me thickness and definition with a rich jet black formula to boot. Wow. 

This mascara is definitely going to be a regular in my makeup collection.

Pros: affordable, rich black formula, does not flake, defines volumizes and shapes with minimal effort, lasted a good 4-6 weeks.

Cons: none.

Bottomline: uhhh, best mascara ever? GO GET IT.






Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes in Black

This mascara was also purchased because of a YouTuber's constant raving. If you watch MissJenFABULOUS' videos then I'm sure you are familiar with her love for Tarte as a brand for their emphasis on using natural ingredients and staying away from harmful chemicals in their products. As you know being environmentally conscious and safe with ingredients is something very close to my heart, and when I was in Sephora last month I knew I couldn't walk out without trying this mascara.

Jen really, really raved about this so I had high hopes. I was using the L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic at the time and if you read my above review of it then you'd know that Lights, Camera, Lashes had a lot to show up to next to that baby. I don't like it quite as much as the False Lash Telescopic, but I am really enjoying it now. I think the formula needed a few weeks to thicken up a little and help me out in the volume department. It does a good job of defining but there is definitely a limit to how volumized your lashes can get with this mascara, even with a few coats. This mascara is marketed as a 4-in-1 just like the Givenchy Noir Couture, but it doesn't say on the box what those 4 effects are meant to be? I'm glad I tried it, but I doubt I'd repurchase it seeing as it's not exactly a cheap or affordable mascara.

Pros: very good ingredients, cruelty-free brand, luxurious packaging, good formula, rich jet black pigmentation, does not flake, defines well. 

Cons: not very volumizing, takes a couple of weeks to work its best

Bottomline: If a higher end, well-made and environmentally-conscious mascara that defines but does not volumize a lot is what your looking for, then this is it.

Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment