Tuesday, June 4, 2013

** Two Beauty Staples S/S '13 **


This post is a major shout out to 2 products I have been reaching for almost everyday for the past four weeks, they are:


MAC's Pro Longwear Bronzer in Nude On Board and MAC's Extended Play Gigablack Lash mascara.


Nude On Board

Sun Dipped is definitely my Holy Grail bronzer, but this year I thought, "Why not check out the only other shade of Pro Longwear bronzer in MAC's summer collection? It might work for me too!". After carefully studying Temptalia's swatches of Nude On Board, I placed it into my online shopping basket and clicked Checkout. 

This bronzer turned out to be the PERFECT transition into S/S!! Compared to Sun Dipped, it's lighter and more orange. As such, it's great for May and June when I haven't yet gotten really dark at all and need to bronze up my face to fake that "oh yea I'm totally in late spring right now" look. With my Real Techniques powder brush, I apply this gorgeous buttery soft powder to my temples, under my cheekbones, across my nose and along my jawline blended into my neck. 

LOVE THIS BABY!!

**The swatch on my finger is pretty much 100% true to colour. The swatch on my hand is muddier than it looks in real life and the glitter does not transfer on to my face at all.








Extended Play Gigablack Lash


If you remember my crazy ass haul back in March !Link! I purchased this product on a whim, and boy am I glad I did! It's truly the BEST MAC mascara I have ever tried. After only three wiggly swipes on each eye, I am left with separated, luscious, long, nicely flared and fairly volumized lashes!

 I have been using this tube for 3 weeks now and noticed a tiny bit of clumping yesterday, which went away easily with a few brushes using my lash comb. This mascara doesn't flake, doesn't smudge and keeps my lashes looking the same when I leave the house at 8am to when I take it off at 9pm. A reliable mascara is not easy to come by, and that's why I really, really rate this product.




Xx

1 comment:

  1. Oooh nice, I want to try the mascara, especially since the previous MAC mascaras I tried sucked haha x

    ReplyDelete