Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mascaras I'm Currently Using - 9







Welcome to my NINTH Mascaras I'm Currently Using post!! I have been LOVING trying out all those different mascaras on my quest to find THE best mascara for me on the face of this earth!! So far I believe my favourite ones have been both Bourjois ones I've used as well as the Rimmel Lash Accelerator in black! I've finally found a high-end one to add to that list and it is...



Guerlain's Maxi Lash in 01 Noir


You probably remember this product from my super massive haul back in March !Link! where I went a little bit mad and ticked a few high-end items off my wishlist in one go.

Let me tell you, this mascara is well worth the money! It gives me gorgeous thick jet black luscious lashes that look amazing when I apply it at 8 am until I remove it at 9 pm (typically). This baby seems to be around the £20 - £22 mark depending on where you get it, but trust me it is money well spent! The packaging and luxe French scent do not disappoint, and this mascara lasted me a good 4-5 weeks of daily use when most I've tried go iffy after only 2-3 weeks!


It definitely started clumping after 5 weeks until it got to the point where I'm just applying gross clumps to my lashes so it was time to say goodbye. You can even see some clumps on the wand in the picture above!

Pros: packaging, wand, scent, jet black formula, does not flake, kept going strong for over a month.

Cons: price.

Bottomline: If you are looking for a high-end mascara then DEFINITELY be sure to check this one out! I am definitely going to be repurchasing this.



MAC's Opulash in Bad, Bad, Black


I absolutely loved using this mascara when it was brand new, but after 3-4 uses it no longer gave me luscious jet black lashes. The results it gave were more spidery flakey lashes! This mascara is such a waste of money and I do not recommend it to anyone. I'm so glad it only came with the Christmas eye set I got and probably only really cost me £3-4 as part of the pack! 

Pros: Great for the first 2-3 times you use it. You can Back To MAC it so that makes it worth £2.33 or so once you've used it.

Cons: Terrible results after the first few uses, flakey, hardly volumizes and instead creates very spidery unattractive lashes.

Bottomline: Don't. Waste. Your. Money.



Maybelline's The Rocket in Black


I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that Maybelline mascaras always flake on me, always. Nonetheless, being a beautyholic means you will cave eventually when even non-Maybelline mascara lovers are raving about this one! (I'm looking at you, Amarixe). 

Here's my two cents: this mascara is probably the most jet black formula I have ever used. It defintes, volumizes and creates a curl that stays EXCEPT ... it flakes. Yep, this Maybelline mascara is no different to its brothers and sisters in that respect so I have started to use it exclusively for layering and no longer on its own. 


At the time of writing, this is available at feelunique.com for £6.79 and from Boots for £7.99 :O ! That's 15% cheaper! I know that £1.20 isn't much, but in the long run it will all add up! 

Pros: jet jet black, volumizes defines and lifts the lashes, very affordable, pretty packaging.

Cons: it flakes.

Bottomline: If you are lucky enough that Maybelline mascaras don't flake on you, this might be the best one they've come out with yet! It's the whole package. On the other hand, if Maybelline mascaras always flake on you then this is, unfortunately, no different.



MAC's Extended Play Gigablack Lash


This mascara does not come in any other shades so it doesn't even say 'Black' on the bottom as it's the only form it comes in!

I purchased this in the same haul as the Guerlain Maxi Lash mascara and have only used it once (yesterday). I LOVED it! The brush is so fine that it separates my lashes beautifully and gave me long wispy lashes that were so natural, romantic and glamorous! It's definitely more of a daytime mascara and I will be layering it with Maybelline's The Rocket for nights out or when I'm just looking for a more volumized lash look. I can't say much more seeing as how I've only used it ONCE but it didn't flake and gave gorgeous results. It will be interesting to see if it keeps on giving past the 4 week mark!


Pros: very lengthening and defining while adding a touch of volume, you can Back To MAC it so it amounts to about £2.33 once you're done with it!

Cons: none so far...

Bottomline: watch this space!



Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment