Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Hairy One



If you follow me on Twitter you would have seen my excited tweet back in February when I found the Naked hair care line at Boots. Being the natural product fanatic that I am, I left the shop that day with no less than FIVE new hair products from the same line. I can assure you that this has never happened before, and it did scare me a little! 

Having tried the products for a good few months now, here's my take:


Naked Colour Protecting Shampoo & Conditioner


As you could probably tell from previous blogposts, I have ombré hair at the moment and can use any colour protection I can get my hands on!! I was tempted to grab the moisturising shampoo and conditioner but decided that colour maintenance outweighed the former. The shampoo smells absolutely gorgeous! It's a fresh feminine scent that reminds me of a house in a meadow! For a sulfate-free 97% natural shampoo, this lathered surprisingly well! I definitely felt like my scalp was good to go after one application in the shower instead of my regular two. 


As for the conditioner, it didn't do much at all. It smells nice and made my hair feel smoother in the shower, but as soon as I got to drying it I didn't notice much difference. I'm not too surprised though as it is a 97% natural conditioner that is aimed at colour protection and not hydration. I'd give this one a pass.


Naked Little Miracle Leave-In Conditioner



This product is EXTREMELY hydrating and smoothing. It has a thick creamy consistency and a clean shea butter-y scent. I absolutely love that it has no silicones in it yet it delivers such hydration! I do need to use quite a large amount on my severely damaged ends, but it definitely improves the texture and appearance of my hair. It's perfect for when I feel like my hair needs that extra kick of moisture but don't want to put any heavy products in it. 



Naked Heat Defender Heat Protection Spray 



This is also a stand out product as I have never encountered such a light and fragrant heat protector before! The ones I've tried tend to have overly potent scents and a sticky feel to them. I have no idea if this product actually protects my hair as my ends were already damaged before I started using this. I'm a little bit on the fence about whether or not I will repurchase it.


Naked Frizz Fighter Smoothing Serum


Last but not least I have this baby bottle of silicone-free 97% natural hair serum. Given it's ingredients, this gives great shine and a decent amount of smoothness to my hair. If you are looking for the intensity of something like John Frieda's Frizz Ease or Morrocanoil then this will disappoint you big time. I definitely enjoy having this serum as a light alternative to the heavier alternatives if I just want to touch up my hair in between washes. 


Overall I'm very impressed with the Naked hair care range. I love that it's conveniently available at Boots and sticks to being 97% natural on EVERYTHING they make. Can I live solely on these products though? The answer, sadly, is NO. If I lived near a beach on the coast of, say, Morocco where it would be so stylish to have big, messy hair every day then yes. But living in a cosmopolitan city where frizz and unruly hair just don't mesh calls for silicone-based serums and conditioners. 

I'm happy to continue using the shampoo now again to clarify my hair and scalp. I also love having the leave-in conditioner and serum as guilt-free options when I need an easy touch up. But considering that I heat-style my thick damaged hair almost every time I wash it, the results I'm after won't come unless they're with a dose of silicones. 

Have you tried anything from the Naked range? Can you live without silicones?


Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment