Monday, October 15, 2012

Mascaras I'm Currently Using - 6: Maybelline Great Lash Lots Of Lashes Mascara


I had been after this mascara ever since I saw its ads in Allure mag over a year ago! I was sold by the font of they used on 'Lots of Lashes' in that über cute 'hand-drawn' heart! 
The Maybelline Great Lash mascara definitely has cult status, but I never liked it both times I tried it, so when I saw they came out with this new version I just couldn't resist...


Maybelline Lots of Lashes in Blackest Black weaseled its way into my heart despite my hesitations. For a drugstore mascara ($5.99) this definitely is worth every penny (or cent)! 

Front view:



Side view:



The brush is this very unique heart shape which has a rounded large base yet is still quite thin when you look at it from the side. This makes it perfect for manoeuvring between and around your lashes! When they said "the great lash grabber", they meant it! 

Pros: defines very well, thickens very well, easy to reach the tiny lashes in the inner corners as well as the bottom lashes without clumping. The formula is a very dark black colour that never looked grey or washed out.

Cons: as with other Maybelline mascaras I've tried, it flakes after having opened the tube for 3-4 weeks. Hello little specs of black under my eyes! It also starts to become too goopy and clumpy (and unusable in my book) by then.


Bottomline: Since this mascara performed its best during the first 1-3 weeks of opening it, the price completely justifies it. If you want lovely fluttery, defined and very black lashes then look no further. 

Xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment