Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mascaras I'm Currently Using - 4


It's about time I write another one of these blogposts as I'm currently using a whole batch of new mascaras.


Maybelline The One by One Volum' Express 
(in Black)


I fell in love with this the first time I used it. Hardly any later application gave me as perfect lashes as that first time, which you can see pictures of (and read my manic overwhelmed and tremendously enthusiastic post) HERE!


I still love this mascara and would definitely consider repurchasing it. It is such a jet black wet formula that adds life and definition to sparse lashes. It also doesn't flake nearly as much as other Maybelline mascaras I've used in the past. £8.49 at Boots.






No.7 Exquisite Curl
(Shade 01 black)


I bought this with my No.7 £5 off voucher (originally £13) after Zoe from Zoella said it was her absolute fave mascara and I totally understand why. It defines, curls and volumizes lashes in 1-2 coats! Wowee!!

My only complaint would be that it dries into a dusty, grayish shade of black at the second or third use. I'm not sure whether I prefer this or the Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Curl better. I used to swear by that mascara but I haven't purchased it in a whole year - this needs to be rectified ASAP. I'm sure it will show up on a future post in this series when I do, so keep an eye out. 

If you like to layer your mascaras then this is a perfect base coat. Exquisite Curl does not do drama. I would probably repurchase it with another No.7 voucher when it runs out because it does a good job of giving a fresh natural look. 






Topshop Lash Catcher
 (in Black Cat)



I didn't like this mascara the first time I used it. I was expecting the world after I first saw it on Fleur In one of her videos and thought "oh my god what mascara is that??!?!?!?!!" It made her lashes look gorgeous: full, black, thick and curled!

I checked the Topshop website today to confirm that it cost £10 and saw that they were out of stock :/ I'm not sure if they will restock this as it was limited edition, I sure hope they do! Hear that Topshop? Ha!



It can be quite goopy so be sure to wipe off the wand when you pull it out of the tube. I hated Lash Catcher before I started wiping off the excess because it was just too wet, goopy and turned my lashes into three big clumpy hairs - really. It was hideous. But once I started to wipe the wand as I pulled it out, ta-da! The result was defined, voluminous black lashes! 




Yves Rocher Sexy-Pulp Ultra Volume
 (in 01 Noir)


This mascara is awesome!!! I have a teeny weeny sample size from a recent Glossybox and I took it with me to Isle of Wight festival to test out. My friend was wondering whether or not I was wearing false lashes - THAT is how awesome this is.

 I'm extremely happy with this mascara, especially the brush, how funky is that? It's very plush and soft, gripping on to every lash and majorly curling it at the same time. It is an absolute treat to use. My only mini complaint would be that since the tube has been open for about 6 weeks now, the formula is not quite as black as it was and is a tiny bit on the dark gray side. I hasten to add that It's hardly noticeable, and I will definitely be repurchasing this gem in future.
£16.90 - now £8.45 from their UK website.




Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment