Monday, May 7, 2012

Mascaras I'm currently using - 3


This post is mainly a rave about two mascaras:

Clinique High Impact and Bourjois' new Volume Glamour Max Definition!


Clinique High Impact


Ever since the Pixiwoo girls were using this constantly over a year ago I knew I HAD to get one. It made Nic's lashes look 10x better - seriously, and that was only on camera!! I still couldn't justify £16 for a mascara yet, so when I saw a sample of it free with Cosmo mag a couple months back I went for it! £3.50 for the most amazing mascara I have ever tried? Yes please.

Pros: thickening, lengthening and curling formula - gives a perfect wispy/fluttery effect! Doesn't clump or flake.

Cons: this is a weird con, i can't wear it two days in a row. Yep, for some reason it would look awesome the first day then apply completely differently the next! So I alternate, which works well for me as I always have a few mascaras open at a time.

Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Definition


I bought this after I saw how amazing it made Tanya Burr's lashes look! She applied it in a video a while ago and my jaw hit the floor - gorgeous! I saw it at Boots with a £2 off offer so I couldn't resist! I tweeted about it at the time so yay for any of you who got it on offer as well!!

Pros: super defining and lengthening. Average/good volume. Can create a wispy/fluttery effect.

Cons: can clump easily.


The other two mascaras I'm still using are still around from my last Mascaras I'm Currently Using post. Here's what I think of them further down the line:

Collection 2000 Super Size Fat Lash


I was SUPER impressed with this when I first got it, and for £2.99 I'd still say its good value for money, but it's not great. Maybe the formula changed the longer it had been exposed to oxygen? Who knows. While it's good at separating lashes, it can clump easily. It has more of a liquidy/runny formula and I no longer like to use it on its own. I generally layer it over Benefit's Bad Gal to 'seal it in'

Benefit BadGal


I bought this sample size because it was priced at £3 on a blog sale. You can check out that haul HERE. I hated it at first but now I think it's alright. Just that, alright. I would never pay full price for this, actually I don't think I'd repurchase it anytime soon at all! Its not a bad mascara, but compared to Clinique High Impact and Bourjois Deinition Volume it's become rather insignificant.

Pros: while the brush is huge it still allows me to define my lashes well. Has ok volume.

Cons: it can wear off throughout the day which is why I like to seal it in with Collection 2000 Super Size Fat Lash. It also doesn't layer well at all. Once I go over my lashes once, they seem to absorb all they can of it and no matter how many times I go over them again they don't get thicker :/


That sums up my current mascaras! If you saw my latest makeup haul post you'll know I now have Topshop's Lash Catcher mascara in the waiting which I'm super excited about! If it's as good as I hope it is Topshop better not discontinue it! Xx

3 comments:

  1. Oo i'm looking for a new mascara as mine have all run out I might try the bourjois one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review :) I'd like to try the clinique mascara. I currently switch between Soap and Glory's mascara and one I got with Glossybox and forgot the name of...oops! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nouveau Lash from Glossybox? What do you think of it?
      And yes, go for the Clinique!! :D xx

      Delete