Sunday, May 27, 2012

April/May Empties 2012



I have a WHOLE lot of products this time and I'm so glad to be posting this and finally throwing them away. That's mostly because I'm chucking away some items which did NOT work for me and are just a waste of space now. Some of them I've blogged about in the past and I will link the blogposts to said products. 
They are:





Bare Minerals lipstick in Parfait

This is a gorgeous brown/pink nude. Downfall? It dries up pretty quick compared to other lipsticks. It's not smooth at all and in future I'd definitely put money into MAC or YSL lipsticks instead of Bare Minerals.

Nivea - Pure Invisible 18 hour deodorant

I bought this one morning because I was desperate for deodorant but I am here to tell you this roll-on from Nivea is awful. Nivea is such a reputable brand and this is one of their one-off horrible products. It's not very effective at keeping both bad odours and sweat at bay. After you've used it a couple of times its scent changes to something quite unpleasant :( Bad purchase for real.

Trish McEvoy no.9 Vanilla Musk & Blackberry fragrance

This used to be my signature scent back in the day because it's so fresh, sweet and musky all in one! Perfumes unfortunately go bad with time and I did not use this up before it went off :( Right now I'm using other perfumes which I like better at the moment but I'm sure it won't be too long before I purchase another one of Trish's no.9!


Chanel no.30 Beige Rose Éclat Lumiére highlighter

This was an AMAZING product which I spontaneously purchased! I was at the Chanel counter to repurchase my Beige Rose lift lumeire concealer (which isn't stocked in the UK) but they had this instead as a close match. Boy am I glad I bought it! It's super creamy and perfect for covering up under eye darkness. While it's quite pricey, I really enjoyed using this and might very well pick up another in future.

MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural in Light

This may be a tad too light for me (shade Light) and is DEFINITELY too light for me in summer. I bought it back in 2010 and it smashed two weeks later :( this is what's left of it. I was in love with it when I started using it because it is so finely milled and gave impressive coverage when used alone. I think I'd get it in a Light Medium or Medium if I choose to repurchase this. I know a few people swear by it and go through a few of them a year! 



Benefit Downtown Brown Gabbi eyeliner

This liner dried up pretty quick too :( I actually used it up til the very end because I paid quite a bit for it. Topshop's Saddle is WAY better at a fraction of the price.


Burberry no202 Copper lipstick


While it's a great creamy shade, the scent and taste of this lipstick is too disgusting and very perfumey. I tried to use it up but just couldn't stand it :( I would've expected more from Burberry.


Kiehl's Superbly Restorative Dry Argan Oil 125ml


This is a GREAT product! It's awesome for hair, face and body. It has never let me down and gives great moisture and shine. I would only apply it to my face before bed by the way! Argan oil is known to be good for hair and skin so no surprise there. I repurchase it in the big size! 

Bioderma Crealine H20


I've been using this for the past year and is pretty awesome at feeling rather fresh and removing my makeup. Do NOT get it in your eyes though. I accidentally did 'cuz my cotton pad was a bit too soaked and my eye felt so stingy and dry all night :(


Primark Fanta Lipsmacker lipbalm


I got this for 50p and while it's really good for what it is, I got sick of the scent/flavour and finally used something a bit higher up on the quality ladder. Ha


Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment