Sunday, March 25, 2012

February + March 2012 EMPTIES



I've gathered up quite a few empties over the last two months, thirteen to be exact! They are as follows:

Neutrogena SPF 25 Anti Aging Hand Cream
Love this, you guys know it's a staple. Prevention prevention prevention!

Trind Base Coat
I got this last summer on a whim because I needed a base coat. It was alright, I'm happy to shop around and try out new ones instead of repurchasing.

No. 7 Clear Polish in 120
Another staple. I only noticed that it was clear polish instead of an actual topcoat last week! Haha, worked fine all the same :) Go No.7!


Trish McEvoy No 9 travel size perfume
This is my signature scent. I cannot be without it. For some reason, this travel size one turned funky before I finished it even though my full-size one is still intact! Maybe it was in direct sunlight for ages or some such? Waste :( ah well, that's why you should never 'save' products, use them while you still can!

L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara, MAC Marcel Wanders Mascara, Nouveau Lashes Mascara
You can see what I think of these mascaras HERE and HERE.

Cargo lipgloss in Tokyo
Got this in a Glossybox and really enjoyed it even though I'm not a lipgloss girl! Great fresh pinky colour, tasted of peppermint!

Urban Decay mini Primer Potion
Staple. Got it in my Naked palette. Fanatastic, 'nuff said.


Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Anti-Breakage Serum
I bought this back in October because I was low on cash and desperate for hair serum. I kept it because I hate being wasteful and it was alright, but just that... alright :/ I do not recommend anyone buy this. I was definitely swayed by the 'Brazilian Keratin Complex' but it's all phooey. It felt so silicone-y to be honest. And on that note, I bought the blue Organix Moroccon Oil conditioner but oh my god was THAT a mistake. I threw it out after four uses. It left my hair DRY, rough, stringy and very very dehydrated. Gah, I'm still angry! Haha, do NOT buy Organix, they lie. (In my experience anyway ^^). 

Burt's Bees Mama Bee body oil
 Wowza this product is AH-mazing! I love body oils and this was awesome! I would so repurchase it if not for the price, £10.99 for 115ml which is very little for a daily body moisturiser! It smells lemony and fresh, feels gorgeous on the skin and absorbs quickly! Come on Boots, bring out some Burt's Bees offers!

Benefit's SPF 15 PA++ Triple Performing Facial Emulsion
This moisturizer is superb. I used it up in about 6 months every day (3-6 pumps) so it's good value for money. It's around £26-£28 I believe, but I got it cheaper from the US. It's lightweight, got both SPF and PA ratings (and you guys know I'm all about that) and works great under makeup too! No complaints really, except that I'd be happier with a higher SPF (and a lower price tag).

Benefit's It's Potent Eye Cream
So I was using this from August as well and only realized LAST MONTH that it's supposed to be a brightening eye cream too! I found that out because I kept noticing how much it reduced my under eye circles and had another look at the label. This cream is thick and very moisturizing, and the brightening claim is true! As tempted as I was to repurchase it, I opted for another one to try just because I want to see what else is out there. I know that I will definitely be using this again, I highly recommend it!

Rimmel lipstick in 910 Spotlight Beige
My last review from this post is for the Rimmel 910 Spotlight Beige lipstick. I bought this shade after I read a blogpost or article where they RAVED about it - or maybe it was a YouTube video. Anyway, it's a drugstore lipstick so I decided to give it a go. It's a rich nudey shade which I used on occasion. I put it in my work makeup bag last month and ended up using it consistently for a couple of days, and only upon concentrated use did I realize that I in fact did NOT like this lipstick. There's still half in the tube but I'm throwing it away, reasons being:
It smells too perfumey
It has a horrible taste
and it is more of a  yellow based nude whereas I prefer pink based nudes. 
This might very well work for others and I'm sure it does, it just stopped working for me. 



<3 <3 Xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment