Thursday, January 12, 2012

Avon SuperShock Max Mascara Review


     I have heard SO much about the Avon Supershock mascaras and the Avon Supershock liners from the Pixiwoo sisters, who use them all the time in their videos. The results on camera looked very good, so when I saw a £12.50 deal on their site for a mascara, eyeliner and double eyeshadow pencil, I could not pass it up! 



     I've had these for over a week so far but have only used the mascara, so let's start there. It gives me lovely natural but defined, full lashes. The wand is quite bumpy and uneven so that helps reach in and find the lashes that are hiding behind the longer ones. It really defines and separates them and I love the full and natural-but-enhanced look it gives! I will definitely be reaching for this more and more. 


     As for the pencils, I swatched the Supershock Gel Eyeliner (even though it's in pencil form) yesterday next to all my other black pencil liners (including Smolder by MAC) and it surpassed them by far in terms of pigmentation and longevity, hands down! As you can see from the picture, it is incredibly dark and I only ran it over my hand ONCE! Can you imagine? The two shadow pencil colours I had to go over 4-5 times to get them that pigmented! The gel liner pencil glides on so smoothly, is incredibly pigmented and long lasting, and is a great new addition to my makeup collection.
     The Supershock eyeshadow pencils are in Starry Night (middle) and Moonshine (right). Moonshine is almost a 3-D silver which will look great for nights out!! Starry night is more of a muted deep grey with tiny specs of shimmer. I can't wait to create some going-out looks with all four products!! Xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment